Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delightfully yummy & sweet bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray or grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or a mini loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and almond extract until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the crushed strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds. Bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 60 minutes (50 to 55 minutes for mini loaves), or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and turn right side up to cool completely.