Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this using Thai basil and what a treat that was. If you have regular basil that will be fine too. Cooking time is chill time.
- 6 black tea bags, your favorite
- 946.36 ml water
- 236.59 ml basil leaves
- sugar, to taste (or sweetener of choice)
- 236.59 ml water
- 10 large strawberries (sliced or chopped)
- ice cube
- Brew tea for 5 to 8 minutes in 4 of boiling water (off heat).
- Remove the tea bags.
- Separately boil1 cup of water and add sugar and 1 cup of basil leaves, brew covered (off heat) for 10 minutes.
- Remove the basil and add chopped strawberries and let it chill in the fridge.
- Add the basil strawberry syrup to the cool or cold brewed tea.
- Serve in glasses with ice and enjoy!.
This is very good! We like that the basil gave a peppery mint-like character to the strawberries which wasn't quite the same as just using mint. Refreshing!
This was very tasty! I added a hint of rosewater to the tea for fun! Local clover honey sweetened it perfectly, fresh basil from our CSA box and Tazo 'Awake' black tea. I am interested in testing other berries for making the simple syrup. Made for Veg Tag/September.
This tea was light, sweet and refreshing.i enjoyed it with barbecue chicken for supper. Thanks for posting the recipe.