Mint and Lime Iced Tea
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
For the tea
- 8 cups water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 medium lime, cut into sixths
- For the tea:.
- Place water in a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- When water simmers, remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Once tea has steeped, discard tea bags, add sugar, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- To serve:.
- Once tea is cold, remove mint and stir in lime juice.
- Taste and adjust with more lime juice or sugar as desired.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!