Recipe by Annacia
I made this using Thai basil and what a treat that was. If you have regular basil that will be fine too. Cooking time is chill time.
- 6 black tea bags, your favorite
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup basil leaves
- sugar, to taste (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup water
- 10 large strawberries (sliced or chopped)
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew tea for 5 to 8 minutes in 4 of boiling water (off heat).
- Remove the tea bags.
- Separately boil1 cup of water and add sugar and 1 cup of basil leaves, brew covered (off heat) for 10 minutes.
- Remove the basil and add chopped strawberries and let it chill in the fridge.
- Add the basil strawberry syrup to the cool or cold brewed tea.
- Serve in glasses with ice and enjoy!.