Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a website called "Avocado Salad" (www.avocadosalad.com), I saw this and thought: strawberries AND avocados! How can you lose?? I haven't made it yet as berries are out of season just now--I'll try it next June! I hate nuts, though, so I'll probably leave them off--or at least, off of mine.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups torn salad greens (or baby greens, mesclun, or whatever)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk together until well blended. Set aside.
- Place salad greens in a bowl. Arrange avocado and strawberry slices on top of greens. Drizzle dressing over salad and top with pecans.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Simple and delicious! The flavors blended nicely. Next time I may omit the sugar in the dressing, as it seemed a bit sweet for us. Thanks for sharing!