Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great tasting recipe and serves a good amount and an all time favorite of my family. It is especially good when these 2 fruits are out of season and you can enjoy any time.This came from a camp resturant.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups water, for the syrup
- combine 1/3 cup sugar and the 2 cups water in 9x13 pan and place over low heat until dissolved, remove and cool Put flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and cut in shortening until like crumbs.
- add milk turn unto a floured pastry sheet and knead 20 seconds.
- Roll out to a 10x12 rectangular spread evenly with the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, 1 cup of white sugar and 1 tblsp butter.
- Roll up lenthwise sealing edges and cut into 12, 1 inch slices.
- Place in syrup.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 mins checking to see when they are light brown.