Recipe by Tee Lee
From and Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card. Strawberry and apple filling is covered with a crumb topping that includes oats, almonds, and more. Delicious alone or topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved (or frozen whole strawberries)
- 1 large mcintosh apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract for a stronger almond flavor)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine strawberries, apple, sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons flour in a shallow baking dish, mix well.
- For topping combine 1/2 cup flour, oats, almonds, nutmet and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, or 2 knives, cut butter into topping mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until topping is lightly browned.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.