- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon 6 year old balsamic vinegar (12 year old balsamic vinegar is preferred)
- 5 large fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grenadine or 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull strawberries, rinse and cut in half.
- Place in a glass bowl and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Add mint strips and toss lightly.
- Add grenadine or creme de cassis and stir gently.
- Serve as an appetizer with vanilla wafer cookies.
- Grenadine is a sweet, pomegranate-flavored syrup used to color and flavor drinks and desserts.
- It sometimes contains alchohol.
- Creme de Cassis is a black-currant-flavored liqueur.