Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is in our city paper but is actually out of Bon Appetit September 1999 issue. Looks like a great summer recipe for those of you who enjoy liqueur. I hope that you enjoy this recipe.
- Slice the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, toss three quarters of them with the sugar and orange liqueur.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to macerate.
- Put the ice cream in the refrigerator to soften.
- Put the cream and half the macerated strawberries in a cold mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, whip to soft peaks, about 12 minutes.
- Fold in the ice cream.
- Distribute the cream among 6 chilled bowls.
- Mix the plain sliced berries with the remaining macerated berries and place on top of the cream.
This is a great summer dessert, it's super yummy, very elegant and very easy to make, what's not to love?
Oh so good. The liquer is a wonderful additional to the strawberries.