Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is delicious and it makes quite a lot so if you stop at step 1 it makes a great dessert served in stemmed glassware with cream or ice-cream - although I did make this to top Classic Pavlova #174892.
- 500 g strawberries (2 punnets)
- 2 -3 passion fruit
- Cointreau liqueur, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon arrowroot
- Hull and halve strawberries, leaving about 8 whole for pavlova decoration, and put into a medium bowl; scoop passionfuit into bowl; add Cointreau to taste & sugar and chill for an hour or two.
- Before topping pavlova with strawberries and passionfruit, drain juice from the fruit, being careful not to lose any of the passionfruit pulp; taste and add more Cointreau and sugar if necessary.
- Thicken the juice with arrowroot over a low heat to make a pouring sauce, not too thick as it will thicken as it chills - amount of arrowroot needed depends on how much juice you have from the strawberries.
- After adding cream to pavlova, top with the strawberries, both sliced and whole (leave leaves on whole strawberries) and pour over the sauce.