Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After making the hubby peach tarts, I decided that I wanted strawberry tarts--because we never crave the same thing at the same time :) This experiment turned out pretty good. These are best while still warm.
- Place strawberries in a heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, water, and vanilla.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Spoon hot mixture into tart shells.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer till peaks form.
- Scoop small dollop onto tarts and serve immediately.