Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best breakfast recipe ever! You make it the night before then wake up and stick it in the oven. So easy!
- 1⁄2 lb bulk sausage
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Brown the sausage. Drain. Brush a soufflé pan (or other baking pan with high sides) with fat from sausage.
- Put 1/3 of bread cubes in the pan. Put 1/3 of cheese over bread. Put sausage over cheese and bread.
- Add 1/2 of remaining bread, 1/2 of cheese and the rest of the bread. Press lightly with hands.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour all over. Add remaining cheese.
- Drizzle with 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter.
- Chill overnight, covered.
- Let stand 45 minutes out of refrigerator. Place entire soufflé pan in a larger baking dish. Pour water in the larger baking dish to fill it up half way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until brown.