My parents made this often when I was a child and it is still one of my favourite meals as an adult. Quick, tasty and cheap! We usually have this as a main dish with a salad and rolls. Measurements are approximate as I don't follow a recipe and it can be adjusted for personal preference. Can use whole, crushed or diced tomatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to direcions.
- 2Drain and return to pot.
- 3Add tomatoes including juices and heat on low/medium until hot.
- 4If using diced or whole tomatoes, crush.
- 5Be careful macaroni doesn't stick to bottom of pot - stir frequently!
- 6I have added butter and/or cheese whiz for additional flavour.
- 7Depending on amount of macaroni cooked, I have used 28 oz can of tomatoes.
- 8I have also used italian style tomatoes and chili tomatoes which give it a slightly different flavour, but plain tomatoes are best for our family preference. I have tried canned tomatoes with olive oil and spices (to be used for brushetta) and they are too oily and doesn't result have good results.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Macaroni and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g