Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water for recommended cooking time on box.
- Drain and return to pot and add butter.
- Stir macaroni and butter until well blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (evaporated milk through pepper) and stir well.
- Set pot over very low heat and cook macaroni mixture.
- Stir constantly until sauce is smooth and macaroni is steaming, 5-10 minutes. The sauce should thicken, if not, slightly raise the heat and cook another 5 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERHEAT OR SAUCE WILL CURDLE.
- If you have family members who like baked macaroni, you can put this into a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, and then cook in a 350 degree over for 5-10 minutes. Macaroni will still be creamy, and there will be a nice crunchy topping.