Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my new favorite stir-fry sauce. I'm putting it up here so I can remember how to make it. If you don't like Chinese Five Spice Powder, you can omit it. Although I thought I didn't like it until I made this. I didn't really measure out 2 1/2 Tbs of sherry and sugar, I just used a shy 1/4 cup.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix everything but the corn starch in a glass bowl. Add to stir fry near the end of the cook time.
- Make a well in the center and add the corn starch, whisking it to incorporate.
- Cook on low until thickened to your liking. You can add more cornstarch mixed in a little water if it's not thick enough.