Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. Serve with rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium high. Add chicken cubes and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until chicken becomes opaque.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broccoli; stir fry 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, scallions, soy sauce, sherry, and ginger.
- Stir fry 2 more minutes. Add dissolved cornstarch and reserved chicken.
- Cook until heated through and sauce has thickened.
This was a very flavorful stir fry. Great recipe! Next time I would add some water to the sauce, to make the dish moister and cut the sharpness of it just a little. I used red bell pepper instead of mushrooms and I didn't have green onion, so I subbed some thinly sliced red onion. I would definitely use this recipe again. Thanks.