Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'William-Sonoma: One Pot of the Day'
Make and share this Stir-Fried Soba Noodles With Beef and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, partially frozen (or beef tenderloin)
- 1⁄4 cup . toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, including 3 inches of green tops, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 head napa cabbage, cored and shredded (about 2 lb.)
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3⁄4 lb dried soba noodles
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Using a sharp knife, cut the beef across the grain into thin slices, then cut the slices into matchsticks.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, 1/4 cup peanut oil, and ginger.
- Add the beef and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil.
- Add 2 tbsp salt and the noodles to the boiling water, stir well and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 5-7 minutes; drain the noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or large fry pan, heat 1 tbsp peanut oil over med-high heat.
- Add the garlic and green onions and stir fry until lightly colored, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high, add the beef and its marinade, and stir fry until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and 1 1/2 cups of the broth and toss to combine.
- Cover, decrease heat to med-high and cook until the cabbage wilts, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the remaining 1/2 cup broth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan, and stir and toss to incorporate.
- Add the snow peas, stir and toss to combine, cover, and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Take care not to overcook; the snow peas and cabbage should remain crisp.
- Add the noodles to the pan and stir and toss until well combined.
- Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds, and serve.