Recipe by Oolala
I copied this from a cookbook some time ago. Hope you like it. I haven't made it yet.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 dozen prawns, medium, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 -3 shallots, minced
- 1 cup coconut cream, canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce, few dashes to taste
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip prawns, very lightly, into cornstarch and shake off excess.
- Add them to frying pan, along with shallots and sauté for 3-5 minutes, just enough to barely cook through.
- Stir in coconut cream, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce.
- Season prawns with salt and white pepper and remove them with a slotted spoon, to a serving dish.
- Boil the sauce rapidly until it is smooth and thickened.
- Pour sauce over the prawns and serve with white rice.