Stir Fried Prawns in Chilli Bean Sauce
A delicious combination of prawns with a selection of vegetables, made with Yeo's Chilli bean sauce which gives it a unique flavour and a bit of a kick - easy to prepare and easier to eat!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 prawns, large, raw
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 150 g asparagus, cut into lengths, blanched
- 1 capsicum, red, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soya sauce, light
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili bean sauce, Yeo's (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, heaped
- Shell the prawns, remove the heads, devein and cut in half,the flesh should be about the size of your thumb -, of if you have small prawns double the amount, shell etc but do not cut in half.
- Place in a small bowl, cover and place in the fridge.
- Blanch the asparagus, and add to the bean sprouts ginger, garlic, red capsicum and spring onions.
- In a measuring cup make the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and add the oyster sauce both the Soya sauces, the sesame oil and the chilli bean Sauce add the cornflour mixed in enough water to make a thick paste.
- Heat the wok, adding the oil and stir fry the vegetables, ginger and garlic until cooked but still crisp.
- I do my Chinese cooking a different way by then putting the vegetables in a warm dish in the oven then, adding a dash more oil toss the prawns in and stir fry for just a couple of minutes.
- Add the Chicken stock and the rest of the ingredients to the prawns, bring to the boil and immediately add the vegetables back to the wok,stirring to get the sauce mixed through the dish,.
- Serve immediately with plain boiled noodles of your choice - absolutely delicious.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION