- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 2⁄3 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms, caps and stems (about 1 (3 1/2-ounce)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced asparagus, 1 inch (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 2 large)
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, drained and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, and set cornstarch mixture aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a stir-fry pan or a wok over medium heat. Add minced ginger and crushed garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add sliced mushrooms, asparagus, and leek; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the cubed tofu; stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute.