Recipe by JMigs;0)
Scrambled eggs the Chinese way! Although it's not for breakfast, it is a simple Chinese side dish. More of a family style dish. There are different versions of this but I find adding a bit of ketchup can kick up the tomato flavor especially when you don't have access to the heirloom kinds that are more flavorful than conventional ones!
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1/4 tsp salt and dash of black pepper to the eggs and beat lightly; add green onions.
- In a small bowl, mix the pinch of salt, sugar, ketchup, water, and cornstarch.
- Heat the skillet or wok (med-high), add oil; stir-fry the tomato and the cornstarch mixture. Stir briefly until liquid thickens. Remove from wok and save for later.
- Clean the skillet or wok (mainly scraping it clear of the tomato mixture) then reheat it and add more oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir-fry until it becomes slightly firm.
- Add back in the tomato liquid, stir quickly to mix, making sure not to overcook.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.