Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From most recent book. Haven't tried. Try celery or bell peppers in place of the mushrooms for variety.
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2 in slices
- 4 scallions, whites and green parts thinly sliced, kept separate
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, trimmed and quarted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, in a medium bowl, combine chicken with scallion whites, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes; season lightly with salt.
- Drain noodles and transfer to another medium bowl. Add scallion greens, soy sauce, and sesame oil.; toss to combine. Season lightly with salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Return the pan to the heat. Add cabbage, mushrooms, and water. Cook, stirring until vegetables are wilted, about 4 minutes. Return chicken and noodles to the pan, stir, and cook to heat through, about 1 minute. Toss with lemon juice and serve warm.