Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recipe the other night for the first time and my kids loved it! In fact they requested that I make it again tomorrow night. I loved it too! It's all about the sauce! In fact there was not enough sauce for our liking and I will try doubling it next time. We pretty much love anything thing with coconut milk. Serve over Jasmine or sticky short grain rice.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 red serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and lime juice.
- Stir well and let marinate for 1 hour( I did about 15 minutes and it was fine).
- In wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir fry the chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown (do it in two batches so the chicken does not steam.
- Add the chilies and stir fry 1 minute more.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, half the green onions and half the cilantro. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve over rice, sprinkling the remaining green onions and cilantro over top.