Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from "America's Test Kitchen - 30 Minute Suppers".
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips (can sub boneless skinless chicken breast strips)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews (half coarsely chopped, half left whole for texture)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- hot steamed rice
- Begin cooking rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, mix Hoisin, soy sauce, water and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil in a wok or medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, stir fry half of the pork (or chicken) until cooked through, about 2 minutes, then transfer it to a plate. Repeat with another 2 tsp of vegetable oil and other half of pork.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to the wok and heat until shimmering. Add garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add sauce mixture, pork (or chicken) and it's juices, and cashews . Cook for 2 -3 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle stir fry with chopped cilantro and serve over hot rice.