1/3 Photos of Stir Fried Carrots With Mango and Ginger
Excellent side dish for grilled meat or couscous or on its own with yoghurt and a green salad, mango must be ripe and sweet or you will need to add honey to the dish to balance the flavours. From Modern Moroccan by Ghillie Basan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons pistachio nuts, shelled and roasted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 small mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1Heat the olive oil in a heavy fry pan or wok.
- 2Stir in the onion, ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- 3add the carrots, tossing them in the pan to make sure that they are thoroughly mixed with the flavouring ingredients, and cook until they begin to brown.
- 4Add the pistachio nuts, cinnamon and ras el hanout, then gently mix in the mango.
- 5sprinkle with coriander, season with salt and pour over the lemon juice.
- 6serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Carrots With Mango and Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix