- 1 lb flank steak, cut to suit stir fry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 slices fresh ginger, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, disolved in 2 1/2 tsp water
- 3 green onions, cut into 3 1/2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the steak with salt, cornstarch and 1 1/2 tsp of the oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- Add steak and ginger and stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, wine, sugar and the cornstarch/water mixture.
- Stir fry 1 minute longer.
- Add green onions, stir and serve.