40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken With Touch of Heat
photo by PaintItBlacc
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 -4 lbs chicken (Whole legs or chicken breast with bone)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- cayenne pepper
- 40 garlic cloves (3 bulbs or heads of garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio)
- 3 tablespoons cognac, divided (Hennessy or Jacques Cardin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided (Crush for added flavor)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- Boil 4 Cups of Water.
- Separate All Garlic Cloves and add them to Boiling Water for 1 minute.
- Remove Skin from Garlic Cloves.
- Combine Minced Shallot, dash of Cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon of Thyme.
- Rub the seasoning of Shallot, cayenne and Thyme in between chicken skin.
- Heat on medium-high in a large Dutch Oven Pot the Olive Oil and Butter.
- Braise the Chicken (make sure your chicken is washed and patted dry).
- Braise the Chicken in batches for 5 minutes or until Golden Brown.
- Remove chicken to rest aside in a dish.
- Add the 40 Cloves of Garlic to the pot.
- Sauteed Garlic in residual oils in the pot until Golden Brown.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Cognac and All of the Wine.
- Bring to a boil then add back all of your chicken.
- Bring down the heat to the lowest you can.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Thyme Leaves.
- And cover to simmer on the lowest flame for 30 Minutes until cooked.
- In a bowl take Flour, heavy cream and 1 Cup of the Gravy and whisk.
- Whisk until smooth and add in 1 Tablespoon of Cognac.
- Add to the pot and combine well and bring to boil for 2 minutes
- Taste Test the Gravy, add desired Salt and Pepper.
- You can add the chicken back to the pot or spoon gravy over chicken.
- Serve Hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!