Recipe by CookRachacha
A grand finale to any meal, the delicate aroma and taste that are uniquely Stilton come through beautifully. Note: Cooking time does not include cooling time.
Top Review by Marysdottir
I'm so surprised no one else has reviewed this recipe! The cheesecake is amazing. I make this with a shortbread crust. Everyone I have fed it to has said its the best cheesecake ever. The stilton does not overpower the cake, it merely enhances the slightly sour deliciousness of the cream cheese. I serve it with a rhubarb, port and pink peppercorn sauce as recommended by Chef Michael Noble of Vancouver's Diva at the Met restaurant. Simply the best cheesecake I have ever eaten. Thanks, CookRachacha, for posting this so I don't have to!
- 8 ounces of english blue Stilton cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup crushed crisp ginger snaps
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 325 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter and crushed cookies in a bowl until mixed and press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Crumble Stilton into a bowl.
- Add cream cheese and sugar, then beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour, sour cream and dry vermouth or lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour cheese mixture over crust.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Turn off heat and let cake cool in oven for 1 hour.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour and cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Loosen cake from spring-form side with a narrow knife and remove side when ready to serve.
- (This cheese cake freezes well).