Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From thebritishshoppe.com. Nice for lunch, with a salad. Stilton cheese can be found at Trader Joes. I like the one with cranberries and I think it would be especially good in this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour and salt together. With your fingers, mix in butter that is at room temperature until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of 8" or 9" tart pan with removable bottom. Prick holes in bottom of pastry with a fork.
- Blind bake for 5 minute Remove from oven and let cool.
- Turn oven down to 350°F.
- Sprinkle crumbled stilton into cooled pastry shell.
- Place sliced pear over stilton, in a spoke pattern.
- Beat eggs and then beat in the half and half.
- Pour egg mixture over the pears and stilton until the tart pan is almost full.
- Bake for 30-40 min or until set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.