1/1 Photo of Stilton and Broccoli Soup
A delicious smooth tasting soup with a wonderful cheesy flavor. I have never tried making this before and not finding a recipe that truly suited me I decided to experiment using some leeks and celery as well, in other words what I had in the fridge at the time, I was surprised (to be honest) how nice it tasted - hope that you enjoy it as much as we did and by the way it freezes well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, cook on slow heat until soft.
- 2add the celery, leek and butter, stir until hot - turn off the heat then put lid on for a few minutes Pour in the stock and add thick stems of the broccoli, cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- 3Add the remainder of the broccoli and cook for another 5-6 minutes. let it cool slightly and place in blender, return to the pan heating it back up and add the stilton stirring in the salt and pepper.
- 4N.B: the more vintage the cheese 150 grams is fine, otherwise add extra.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stilton and Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 590.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: