2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
My mother and I make this for dessert all the time. The whole family loves it and it is usually all eaten in 5 minutes! I have found that the granny smith apple is the perfect apple for this pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 60 g butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 -3 apples, peeled, quartered and cored then make slices almost through in each quarter to make fan shape
- 1/3 cup pecans, nut pieces
- 90 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Combine the brown sugar, cream, 60g butter and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour into a greased 20cm round cake pan and allow to cool.
- 4Arrange the apples, cut sides down, over the toffee. Fill the spaces with pecan nut pieces.
- 5Cream the 90g butter ,caster sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence, until light and fluffy.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time, beating them well after each addition, then continue beating until fluffy.
- 7Gently fold in the flour and water. Spoon the mixture over the apples and bake in a slow oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- 8Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a serving dish.
- 9Serve warm with lashings of cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Toffee Apple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.3 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g