Recipe by Sharon123
The name says most of it! But you should also know they will disappear quickly, so don't even worry about storing them! Adapted from The Nut Gourmet Cookbook.
Top Review by weekend cooker
I doubled the batch. A very tasty snack. You were right prying them apart was half the fun. Made 3 cups, a batch for the kids, and a batch for us. A nice combination of nuts, a great snack, and will make again. Very, very simple to make. May make again tommorow. Thanks. W>C>
- 1⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the almonds, pecans, and walnuts in a small bowl and set them aside. Place the white sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a 10" nonstick skillet, mix well until combined. Add the corn syrup and turn the heat to medium high.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute, stir well for a couple minutes to combine the corn syrup and completely dissolve the sugars.
- Add the mixed nuts and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and the nuts are well coated. Move to a clean dish.
- When the nuts are cool enough to handle, separate the clumps, and allow them to dry for a couple hours. They will still retain their sticky surface, and you'lll have to pry them off the dish. But that's half the fun!