Recipe by peachy_pie
These are fabulous and easy. If you want to cook ribs for a large crowd this is much easier than trying to cram them all onto a barbeque or something, just multiply the recipe accordingly. Serve with cornbread to mop up all the delicious juices!
- 500 g pork spareribs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce or 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the ribs with the cumin, sugar, salt, pepper and oil. Pan fry the ribs for 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Chuck into a large casserole dish with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celcius, covered, for 2 hours.
- Increase heat to 200 and take off lid. Bake another 30-40 minutes to thicken the sauce until dark and a little syrupy.
- Serve garnished with raw fresh corn kernels and serve with cornbread and steamed fresh greens.