Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from the inside of a Philadelphia Cream Cheese Packet. This could easily be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free cookie similar to a ''butternut snap'' and a blended gluten-free flour in place of the regular wheat flour.You could use a packet of light cream cheese and splenda to make the slice a little lighter. Serves 8. Slice is made in 9cm x 20cm loaf tin
- 100 g butternut snap biscuits, crushed (cookies)
- 20 g butter, melted
- 375 g cream cheese, softened (1 packet)
- 78.07 ml caster sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml plain flour
- 5 fresh dates, chopped (125 grams)
Caramel Fudge Saue ingredients
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 80 g butter
- 78.07 ml cream
- Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and then press into the base of a lined 9cm x 20cm loaf tin. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir through the chopped dates an the flour.
- Pour filling onto the prepared base and bake in a moderately slow oven (160C.) for 25 minutes or until just set. Cool in the oven with the door ajar. Chill.
- To make the caramel fudge sauce- combine the brown sugar, butter and cream in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Cut the cheesecake into thick slices and place onto serving plates. Drizzle with some sauce and serve with some extra cream or ice-cream if desired. Serve immediately.