Recipe from the inside of a Philadelphia Cream Cheese Packet. This could easily be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free cookie similar to a ''butternut snap'' and a blended gluten-free flour in place of the regular wheat flour.You could use a packet of light cream cheese and splenda to make the slice a little lighter. Serves 8. Slice is made in 9cm x 20cm loaf tin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g butternut snap biscuits, crushed (cookies)
- 20 g butter, melted
- 375 g cream cheese, softened (1 packet)
- 78.07 ml caster sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml plain flour
- 5 fresh dates, chopped (125 grams)
Caramel Fudge Saue ingredients
- 1Mix biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and then press into the base of a lined 9cm x 20cm loaf tin. Chill.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 3Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 4Beat in the egg.
- 5Stir through the chopped dates an the flour.
- 6Pour filling onto the prepared base and bake in a moderately slow oven (160C.) for 25 minutes or until just set. Cool in the oven with the door ajar. Chill.
- 7To make the caramel fudge sauce- combine the brown sugar, butter and cream in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- 8Cut the cheesecake into thick slices and place onto serving plates. Drizzle with some sauce and serve with some extra cream or ice-cream if desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Date Cheesecake Slice With Caramel Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 259.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butternut snap biscuits