Recipe by Julie F
Crispy chicken in a quick and easy dish that can be served over rice or noodles. From Family Circle magazine. I add extra firm tofu, cubed, in place of half the chicken, or all the chicken, which makes it vegetarian. It's delicious that way!
Top Review by Gerry
Love when quick and easy is this good! Lovely crispy chicken which was juicy, full of flavour and absolutely delicious. Served on a platter with pasta, made for great presentation. For us this recipe was perfect as posted,we really enjoyed and about ready for a rerun! Missed this in the Family Circle - so happy you shared!
- 1 cup finely crushed onion and garlic croutons
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk crouton crumbs with cornstarch. Stir in soy sauce. Add chicken and toss until completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, covered for 20 - 25 minutes or until nice and crispy and cooked through. Turn about 4 or 5 times to avoid burning.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with rice or noodles.