Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crispy chicken in a quick and easy dish that can be served over rice or noodles. From Family Circle magazine. I add extra firm tofu, cubed, in place of half the chicken, or all the chicken, which makes it vegetarian. It's delicious that way!
- 1 cup finely crushed onion and garlic croutons
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk crouton crumbs with cornstarch. Stir in soy sauce. Add chicken and toss until completely coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, covered for 20 - 25 minutes or until nice and crispy and cooked through. Turn about 4 or 5 times to avoid burning.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with rice or noodles.
Love when quick and easy is this good! Lovely crispy chicken which was juicy, full of flavour and absolutely delicious. Served on a platter with pasta, made for great presentation. For us this recipe was perfect as posted,we really enjoyed and about ready for a rerun! Missed this in the Family Circle - so happy you shared!
Made with Extra Firm Tofu and pepper/sea salt croutons. Had trouble getting the mix to stick so dipped my tofu slices in egg first and all worked great! Obviously with the tofu you don't have to cook as long (even with that in mind I cooked a little to long - I'd recommend 2-3 minutes per side!) All and all very tasty! Thanks Julie!
Easy and tasty chicken dish! The chicken came out nice and juicy with good flavor. I may try to use less oil next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010