Recipe by shelbel1980
I had this recipe for ages, and decided to give it a go for the BF's birthday - he RAVED about it! I serve it with steamed baby chat potatoes, broccoli and corn.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This is a wonderful recipe!!! The flavours all work together so well. I made as is except, I tasted the marinade before adding the chicken and I loved the flavours so much. So I added a little more chili sauce and honey so I could boil and thicken and serve on the side as a sauce and I have to say it was superb. I also just cooked it entirely in a pan, rather than finishing in the oven, to stop the honey from burning I just turned down the heat once browned and cooked covered, it came out perfectly juicy and tender. I served this over stir-fried vegetables and it was perfect. I will be saving this one as a wonderful quick, full of flavour recipe that I will enjoy often. Thanks for sharing
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used manuka honey 'cos it's my favourite)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken in a ceramic dish in a single layer.
- In a seperate bowl, combine sauces, honey, garlic and 5 spice powder.
- Pour over the chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, and spray with olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray, lined with baking paper, and brush with marinade.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through.
- Cover on a plate with foil and stand for 2 minutes.
- Slice about an inch thick, and serve.