Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this recipe for ages, and decided to give it a go for the BF's birthday - he RAVED about it! I serve it with steamed baby chat potatoes, broccoli and corn.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used manuka honey 'cos it's my favourite)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken in a ceramic dish in a single layer.
- In a seperate bowl, combine sauces, honey, garlic and 5 spice powder.
- Pour over the chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, and spray with olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray, lined with baking paper, and brush with marinade.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through.
- Cover on a plate with foil and stand for 2 minutes.
- Slice about an inch thick, and serve.
This is a wonderful recipe!!! The flavours all work together so well. I made as is except, I tasted the marinade before adding the chicken and I loved the flavours so much. So I added a little more chili sauce and honey so I could boil and thicken and serve on the side as a sauce and I have to say it was superb. I also just cooked it entirely in a pan, rather than finishing in the oven, to stop the honey from burning I just turned down the heat once browned and cooked covered, it came out perfectly juicy and tender. I served this over stir-fried vegetables and it was perfect. I will be saving this one as a wonderful quick, full of flavour recipe that I will enjoy often. Thanks for sharing
WOW, this was more than 5 stars, even though I made a little boo boo by putting hot chilli sauce instead of seet chilli sauce by accident. I was dreaqding the 1st bite, LOL. But it was so amazingly good. Very sticky indeed! A nice easy recipethat I loved. I cooked them in the oven in my roasting pan with out oil, they took about 45 minutes for 5 legs, I was too scared to give them to the kids after tasting the marinade with hot chiili sauce! But they would have liked the finished product anyway.
This was very good! My boys and I loved the heat on this chicken. I did use chicken drumsticks but they turned out great. I just cooked them a little longer. Made for Aussie Tag.