1/3 Photos of Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring With Cream Cheese Icing
I found this recipe on pinterest, and it is the best and easiest sticky bun recipe I've ever made!!! The real goodness though lies in the cream cheese icing. You can skip it if you'd like, but my husband says it makes the sticky buns that much better, and the icing is so tasty that he'd eat it out of the bowl if I'd let him!!! Caution: Seriously Addictive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 1 (16 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup (any brand you like, I used Mrs. Buttersworth)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 1Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- 4Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- 5Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- 6Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
- 7Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9While baking, make the cream cheese icing by adding butter and cream cheese into a bowl and microwaving it until melted, about 1 minute.
- 10Stir to combine, then add vanilla extract and salt, stir.
- 11Then add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and whisk to get lumps out.
- 12If icing is too thick for your taste, you can thin it out with a little heavy cream or milk.
- 13When sticky buns are done baking, let cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
- 14Pour cream cheese icing on top.
- 16** I ended up using 1 1/2 tubes of the Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits (1 tube didn't seem like enough) and baked it for about 30 minutes. It needed a bit longer to bake since I used more.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring With Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 695.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g