Recipe by AlainaF
I found this recipe on pinterest, and it is the best and easiest sticky bun recipe I've ever made!!! The real goodness though lies in the cream cheese icing. You can skip it if you'd like, but my husband says it makes the sticky buns that much better, and the icing is so tasty that he'd eat it out of the bowl if I'd let him!!! Caution: Seriously Addictive!
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Saw on Pinterest as well but w/o the icing. We made it a little less sinful. I used 1 1/2 tubes Pillsbury Grands Jr golden layer flaky biscuits, 3 Tbsp. reduced calorie (melted) margarine, 1/2 C. sugar free pancake syrup, 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons packed Splenda brown sugar blend, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 C. chopped pecans, optional 1/4 C. chopped almonds, optional. Baked @ 375 for 20 min. Just as delish but not as sinful.
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 1 (16 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pancake syrup (any brand you like, I used Mrs. Buttersworth)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
- Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, make the cream cheese icing by adding butter and cream cheese into a bowl and microwaving it until melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir to combine, then add vanilla extract and salt, stir.
- Then add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and whisk to get lumps out.
- If icing is too thick for your taste, you can thin it out with a little heavy cream or milk.
- When sticky buns are done baking, let cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
- Pour cream cheese icing on top.
- ** I ended up using 1 1/2 tubes of the Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits (1 tube didn't seem like enough) and baked it for about 30 minutes. It needed a bit longer to bake since I used more.