Recipe by Kitchen Witch Steph
This combo of vegetables is what is most often seen at our dinner table. My husband created this sauce for the kids to dip them in. Now it's mandatory to keep this made up in the fridge. I'm not guaranteeing that your kids will like it as much (my 3 can have odd tastes) but anything is worth a try when attempting to get them to eat their veggies.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Rather than making this dish for dinner, I included it on my finger food counter the other night & guests really enjoyed it, even to the point of asking for the sauce recipe! Thanks for sharing a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, sliced thin on the bias
- lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Each of these vegetables take slightly different times to steam. I make my cauliflower florets small and carrot slices thin to take that into account.
- Fill steamer bottom with 1-2 inches of water. Add a little lemon juice to the water.
- Bring to a simmer. Place steamer basket with veggies on top and cover.
- Steam the vegetable until fork-tender, about 5-7 minutes. (or for the length of time it takes to make the vegetables how you like them.).
- Immediately remove from heat and serve.
- Place ingredients into a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve along side veggies.