Recipe by Boomette
This is an healthy recipe from the issue of April 2007 of coup de pouce that looks very yummy!
Top Review by I'mPat
I made this with 3 salmon fillets but kept the rest of the quantities the same, using large field mushrooms, 1 leek and 1 onion and it was delicious and thoroughly enjoyed by myself, the DM and the DS - just so quick and easy and all done in under 30 minutes including the steamed vegetable on the side. Thank you Boomette, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups paris mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks (only white and light green parts) or 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 (1 -1 1/2 lb) salmon fillet, skin removed, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and pepper and cook about 8 minutes or until veggies have soften. Put the salmon pieces on the veggies in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Spread the mixture on the salmon. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until the flesh is easy to flake with a fork. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with quarters of lemon.