Recipe by mikey & ev
Easy, healthy, and looks so fancy! You can put whatever topping you like (instead of the parmesan mix). This website gives a great overview of how to trim the artichoke: http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000262how_to_cook_and_eat_an_artichoke.php
- 1 whole artichoke, rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim artichoke steam and about 3/4 - 1 inch off the tip of the artichoke.
- Use a scissor to snip thorned tips from the end of the leaves.
- Place artichoke facing up in a steamer basket over 2" boiling water.
- Steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove artichoke from steamer.
- let artichoke cool to room temperature, and preheat oven to 350* F.
- Place artichoke, facing up, in a shallow dish.
- Fill dish with chicken broth until there is approximately 1/2 inch of liquid.
- Place bay leaf in the chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and oregano; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the artichoke, making sure to get some in between the leaves.
- Cover with a foil tent.
- Bake for 45 minutes.