Steamed Mussels With Garlic (Liv Rockefeller)
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and about a cup of water.
- Cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mussels open, 8-10 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that don't open.
- Spoon the mussels and broth into bowls and serve.