Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just tingles on your taste buds.
- 200 g fresh white fish fillets
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- mixed vegetables, steamed to serve
- Place a bamboo basket over a saucepan of boiling water. (I used my metal steamer from my saucepans as I have no bamboo steamer).
- Line base with baking paper and top with fish.
- Sprinkle with ginger and lemon juice.
- Cover and steam for 7 minutes or until fish is cooked depending on how thick the fish is.
- Serve with vegetables & rice.
So easy and tasty! I used my steamer basket to my kettle and used swai/bassa. Plan to try it again tomorrow and will steam along with broccoli.
Simple and delightful. I used swai, a flaky whitefish, for this meal. The flavors were terrific given the ease in preparation and it was great having a meal that was healthy and tasty on what might have been a busy sandwich night. [b]Made for PAC - Fall 2007[/b]
What a tasty, healthy and quick dinner! I used blue-eye cod, and I served it with Singapore noodles and steamed snow peas. Yum! Thanks SonyaS01!