Penne With Ginger Garlic & Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 scallions, minced
- In a small bowl combine vegetable stock, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, cornstarch, garlic& ginger; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a wok or large sauté pan.
- Sauté pasta for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and sauté shallots, carrots, red bell pepper and broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Add pasta, sesame oil and scallions.
- Toss and serve.
Join The Conversation
Delicious! Only made one addition-chillies!Added them when frying the veg and that gave it a great kick.Made it for a dinner party so prepared it uptil step 6, and put it aside. When i was ready for dinner i quickly re heated the veggies and added the sauce. So simply and easy and so tasty.Thank you!
I love this. I've made it with penne and I've made it with tri-color rotini. Works either way. I've also sauteed canned tuna with the veggies. This is a great go-to recipe when I don't have a lot of time to spend making supper. I'm not sure why it says this makes 35 minutes to make--for me it takes MUCH less than that, even counting the time to cook the pasta.