Recipe by Oolala
From an "easy" cooking card at the market. The photo on the card shows the clams in a broth served in Martini glasses and it looks so good!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter, can use margarine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add the green onions, cilantro, garlic, cumin and lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and cook about 5-7 minutes or until clams open. Discard any unopened clams.