Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tender and juicy!
- 1 (1 kg) roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons buderim mango and ginger conserve
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain honey mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Rub 1/2 tbsp salt all over the chicken. (You can chop up the chicken first if you like. I had it whole).
- Combine remaining 1/2 tbsp salt with all other ingredients.
- Marinate chicken inside and out(if using whole chicken) and refrigerate for an hour.
- Place chicken and marinade in a steaming bowl and steam over boiling water for 30-40minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can substitute the Buderim Ginger Mango Conserve with Apricot jam if you like.