Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml coarse ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml adobo seasoning
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 59.14 ml vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 907.18 g trimmed boneless beef top loin steaks (, 1/4 inch thick slices) or 907.18 g trimmed filet of beef (, 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 4 large onions, sliced very thin
- Mix garlic, black pepper, adobo, oregano and vinegar together and rub into steak.
- Heat oil in skillet on low, cook onions until barely cooked (keep crisp and white).
- Remove onions and drain on paper towels.
- On high fry steaks rapidly on each side until brown.
- Serve with onions.
This had great flavor. I followed the recipe exactly, except I substituted lime juice for the vinegar. The lime juice was a bit strong for my husband, but I liked it. I used thin cut ribeye steaks, and pounded them down to 1/4 thickness. So Good! I will be making this again and again. Thank you for the recipe!!
Delicious - and quick and easy.
this is by far the best bistec encebollado i've ever tasted it was very easy to prepare and the taste was outstanding...thanks!!