Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. I'm trying to get some of the recipes up here before I have to return the book to the library AGAIN. If anyone tries it, please let me know how you like it!
- 1⁄2 cup dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 lbs round steaks, 1 . 5-inch thick
- In medium bowl combine mustard, soy sauce, wine, sugar, oil, garlic and Tabasco sauce; mix well.
- Place steak in large shallow dish or plastic bag; add marinade. Cover; refrigerate at least 5 hours; turn meat occasionally.
- Remove meat from marinade; place on grill about 5" from source of heat. Brush with marinade. Grill 15 minutes; turn meat and brush with marinade. Grill 10 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
Fantastic! I didn't have sherry on hand, so I had to substitute it with Marsala wine. Incredible results!
Wow this is totally awesome! I let my steaks marinate for a day then pan fried them. I'm sure they'd be great on the grill but it's 15 degrees out tonight and snowing and I wasn't that interested in finding out! The marinade is very sweet and not as mustardy-overpowering as the amount would indicate. A must try flip!