1/1 Photo of Steak Topped With Peppers and Onions
We really enjoyed this steak -- and it was also a great way to use up the Thai chili sauce I had in the fridge. We served this with baked potatoes and salad. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 2008)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (if you don't have Asian chili sauce, I am sure other chili sauce or even salsa will work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 (10 ounce) New York strip steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips (I used one red and 1 green)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl or marinating dish whisk together marinade ingredients (chili sauce - ginger); add steaks, turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3In an oven-proof skillet (I used my heavy cast iron skillet), heat 1/2 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- 4Scrape marinade off of steaks (reserving it in the bowl) and salt and pepper steaks. Add steaks to skillet and cook until browned (3-5 minutes). Turn steaks and transfer skillet to oven. Roast until cooked to desired doneness (5-10 minutes). Transfer steaks to a cutting board - let rest 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in another skillet heat remaining oil (1 tablespoon) over medium high heat. Add onions and bell peppers and cook stirring until crisp-tender (3-5 minutes). Stir in green onions and remaining marinade. Bring to a boil and stir in cilantro.
- 6Cut steaks in half cross-wise and divide among 4 plates, spooning vegetables over top of steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Topped With Peppers and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.8 mg
- Sodium 570.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g