Recipe by Spitfyre
This came from my MIL's cookbook, and was a request from my DH.
Top Review by solo40
Made this tonight for the first time in about 20 years. As good as I remembered it. Easy, quick, tasty. What more would you want for a weeknight dinner. Have recipe in "Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook" Golden Press, 1971, 1977 as "Steak Supper in Foil".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I like Lipton's)
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 2 in pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water