Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came from my MIL's cookbook, and was a request from my DH.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I like Lipton's)
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 2 in pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease baking dish.
- Place meat in dish.
- Stir soups together and spread over meat.
- Top meat with carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 450 for 1 1/12 hours.
Made this tonight for the first time in about 20 years. As good as I remembered it. Easy, quick, tasty. What more would you want for a weeknight dinner. Have recipe in "Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook" Golden Press, 1971, 1977 as "Steak Supper in Foil".
We all enjoyed this. I cut my steaks up into bit size cubes and cooked this on the stove top for about an hour instead of the oven. I didn't add the celery but did add more then two tablespoons of water but didn't really measure. This was really good. I did add some salt and pepper too and hubby added some red pepper flakes at the table.
I got a chuck steak and thought I'd have to marinade it because I thought it would be tough. I came across this recipe and realized I didn't have to do that. I added a can of mushrooms, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The meat was tender and delicious. An easy meal to put together, potatoes and vegetables already included. Thanks for sharing!