Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For lack of a better alternative in the house at the moment, I have adjusted and conglomerated a few steak seasoning recipies from here and made them in a much smaller quantity. I have no idea how good this is, yet I'll know in a few hours.
- 3 teaspoons salt (or 4 t. kosher salt)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons dried onion flakes (or 2 t. onion powder)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic ziplock type bag, massaging well to incorporate.
- Rub generously into all surfaces of meat.
- Allow to sit for however long you would like.
- Grill, broil, pan fry or oven roast until meat reaches desired temperature or doneness. turning as needed to prevent over browning.
I was quite pleased overall with this seasoning. I used this on a tenderloin steak, and rubbed it in and then wrapped up and left in the fridge until ready to grill. You should keep a watch on your steak, because the sugar in this does tend to blacken quickly. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Momma. Made for My-3-Chefs.